Melody AI 2021
Melody AI is a RNN-based Meldoy Generator that generates novel melodies of sequence size 100 based on music from the Japanese video game series Touhou Project.
In this study, three RNN-based models are implemented each with a RNN variant (vanilla RNN, LSTM & GRU). A set of MIDI files are collected and partitioned via DAW into single-instrument melodies to be used as training data and starting sequences. Model performance is evaluated via note prediction accuracy and user survey on generated melodies.
- Core Features
- Takes MIDI files as network inputs
- Includes 3 RNN variant models (vanilla RNN, LSTM & GRU)
- Generates novel melodies based on provided starting sequences
- SkillsPython3, Keras Tensorflow, Machine Learning, Logic Pro
- KeywordsRecurrent Neural Network, Artificial Intelligence